It seems like only ten weeks ago I started writing the “geek-out Sunday” feature and boy has time flown (tempus fugit for you hardcore geeks out there). We’ve explored several different topics ranging from harnessing quantum physics for levitation to space exploration (real and simulated) to kayaking through a bioluminescent red tide. I’d also like to thank Stephen Birdseye for suggesting some of the more geektastic pieces we’ve explored – thanks Stephen, keep ‘em coming.
This week’s feature is decidedly less scientific and appeals to the child inside all geeks, regardless of background.
Who doesn’t love “The Imperial March” (i.e., Darth Vader’s Theme)? When composer John Williams wrote it for Star Wars Episode V: The Empire Strikes Back I doubt very much that he saw this possible rendition in the future.
- Geek-out Sunday part IX: Mars 500 (marshallstanton.com)
- Geek-out Sunday part VIII: Minecraft (marshallstanton.com)
- Geek-out Sunday part VII: quantum levitation (marshallstanton.com)
- Geek-out Sunday part VI: Apollo 11 (marshallstanton.com)
- Geek-out Sunday part V: invisibility cloak (marshallstanton.com)